Student Centers Lost And Found
The Student Centers lost and found policy is based on the University’s Public Safety policy which can be viewed at the RUPD Site. The Student Centers will accept items that are lost and found at its six Centers only. If possible, based on any identifiable information on the item, Student Centers’ staff will attempt to notify the owner.
Lost and found items will be held for one day to allow for owner to pick-up item, unless noted. Items not picked-up after one day will be sent to the nearest University Repository (see locations below), appropriate University Department, disposed/destroyed, or processed as outlined below.
Items that will be turned into Rutgers University Police immediately:
- Any Item presumed to be stolen
- Government Issued Identification, Passports, Visas, etc.
- High Value Items (Jewelry, Laptops)
- Apparel that is soiled or unsanitary
- Items with no apparent value
- Pens, pencils, or school supplies
Keys and RU ID Cards:
- State and University keys will be returned to the Security Technologies Unit at 91 Street 1603, Piscataway, NJ 08854.
- RU Connection cards will be sent to the Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) at 55 Commercial Avenue, Douglass Campus.
- Busch Campus
Community Police Officer Kenneth Ford
Busch Student Center – 732.932.6281
- Livingston Campus
Community Police Officer TBD
- Cook/Douglass Campus
Community Police Officer – TBD
Douglass Student Center – 732.932.1368
- College Avenue Campus
Community Police Officer –Officer Leo Tolosa
College Ave Student Center 732.932.1032
- Public Safety Building
55 Commercial Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901